Step 51 - 80s and 90s Nostalgia - Ice Storms, Self Acceptance, Character Influences, Stories from Charlene, and Staying the Same with Joey McIntyre
Join us (Nikki & Brooke) as we hang out with our friend Charlene and talk about ALL THE THINGS including our character influences growing up, the ice storm of 1998, and the journey of self acceptance - thanks to an amazing email from our friend Jill.
Don't really know how to listen to a podcast? Click here to send us an email and we can teach you how to subscribe!
If you came here from Twitter and don't see the option to play the podcast episode above, click here to Visit Website
Step 51 Show Notes
Snow, Ice Storms, School Showers, and Googling
- Bomb Cyclone or Noreaster
- Brooke has NO heat *update she now has heat
- The NO-TO-RI-O-US Ice Storm of 1998 (see YouTube Video below if you want to learn more!)
- Showering after gym?
- Nudity in 80's movies - specifically 16 Candles shower scene
- Careful what you Google in front of your kids (don't google "Princess Leia Buns")
Stranger Things (NO SPOILERS)
- Matthew Modine quick story - "he is not the bad guy"
- Do we need to do a Stranger Things episode block?
- Justin Doble (writer and producer) is FROM MAINE (Go Maine!)
Self Acceptance - The Greatest Love of All
- We're ready for more Donnie Wahlberg life inspiration
- Joe McIntyre "Team Mac" - Let's get this website done (from Nikki)
- Jill's Email: reminding us to trust our gut, celebrating you and all that you love, and reminding us that we are often the only ones standing our way.
- Stay real. Stay authentic. Stay the same. You keep doing you and surround yourself with people that allow you to do that.
- We hit 500 people in our Facebook Group!
- "Don't you ever wish you were someone else?" VS "Don't you ever wish you were someone else."
Female (and Male) Character Influences
- Molly Ringwald, Annie Potts, and Pretty in Pink
- Wayne's World Love and a Tia Carrere story from Charline
- The importance of Brat Pack Movies
- Heathers, Winona Ryder, and Christian Slater
Quick Interruption/Topic Change
- Catching Brooke up
- Can we make it to one of Joey McIntyre's solo shows?
Female (and Male) Character Influences (Continued)
- We meet Cora!
- More Christian Slater
- Reality Bites
- Clarissa Explains it All and the hamster namesake
- Brooke's favorite movie
- Dirty Dancing
- Straight hair vs. curly
- Podcast metrics, what?
- We need your stories and show topics! Email them to us!
- First kiss stories?
- Patreon drawing when Nikki gets back! Want to support us? Click here
- Help us out by Rating & Reviewing us on the Apple Podcast App